To increase the public awareness and appreciation of its historic properties and programs, the Webb-Deane-Stevens Museum and National Society of The Colonial Dames of America- CT make the Webb House Barn available for private and corporate functions.
Capacity and Season
The Webb Barn accommodates up to 135 people. Larger parties are required to supply a rented tent and extra seating. It is understood by the renting party that it is the Webb Barn and the grounds immediately surrounding the Barn that are being rented and that house tours and other museum functions may be also going on at the same time. The rental season is April – November.
Amenities included with the rental are:
- Use of catering kitchen for warming and chilling (full-scale cooking is not permitted);
- Ample parking near the barn;
- Handicapped accessible restrooms;
- Use of tables and chairs;
- Use of the slate patio adjacent to the barn (renter may tent the patio is they wish);
- Use of the grounds for wedding ceremonies and photography by a photographer hired by the renter;
- Tours of the Joseph Webb House with staff guides may be arranged in advance for an additional fee;
- A staff representative on duty the day of the event to assist.
We will permit you to set up croquet, volleyball and other lawn games in specified areas. We also allow you to bring in horse and carriage rides. Grilling is allowed in designated areas. The staff will be glad to advise you on other forms of entertainment appropriate to the site. The owner reserves the right to veto some activities that may be too dangerous, that may be damaging to the buildings or grounds, or that may disturb property owners surrounding the barn. Renters must comply with the Town of Wethersfield’s sound ordinance and be respectful of our neighbors during the event.
For more information